Most Important Computing Innovation

The computing innovation that changed my life the most is my microwave. I spent the first 10 years of my life without one, and once we finally got one it was a gamechanger. We went from spending 15 minutes heating up leftovers in the oven to pressing the "Add 30 sec" button twice and using the extra 14 minutes to enjoy our meal. I rely on my microwave for 80% of my breakfasts and home lunches. Dinners not so much, unless we're having leftovers. One potentially negative effect, although I haven't looked into it much, is that microwaves emit radiation, so technically I'm having radioactive food, and being close to the microwave might be dangerous when it is on.

One computing innovation that greatly impacted my dad's life, specifically in the workplace, is phacoemulsification. Phacoemulsification uses an ultrasound machine that breaks up cataracts so they can be removed through a small incision. This machine enabled him to improve the vision of others with very limited complications. However, this machine may not work in the most severe cataracts and can cause burns in the eye if not operated by a highly skilled physician.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marconi Feedback

Create Task Day 4

Create Task Day 7